Sims 4 Character Values Overhaul
What This Mod Does
- All traits, including Toddler Traits and expansion pack Traits, will now have an impact on Character Values when a Sim is first created.
- All thresholds for earning Character Value Traits (Unfeeling, Compassionate, etc) have been rebalanced for better gameplay.
- Sims will start with a random positive or negative value in each Character Value so that no two Sims will be exactly alike.
- Character Values will now decay over time (very slowly). You won’t notice a difference day-to-day. I might adjust this in the future.
- Toddler, Child, and Teen sims with Character Values in the red will be passed a hidden trait that effects their autonomy and whims.
- When a Sim ages up, the trait they age up with will have an impact on their current Character Values. (Requires XML Injector)
- As punishment for poor parenting, certain reward traits are blocked for Sims who have Character Values in the red and Sims who have negative Character Value traits (Unfeeling, Bad Manners, etc).
- If you have Outdoor Retreat, put both the BlockRewardsAddOn file and the BlockRewardsAddOn_GP01 file into your Mods folder
- separated BlockRewardsAddOn into two packages
- necessary to correct an error that could occur for those who do not have GP01/Outdoor Retreat installed
- blacklisted Child sims from getting the Ignore Bills whim
- added whim support for those who have Basemental Mods
- modified hidden "developing" trait strings to better reflect what they are
More Detailed Information
Character Value points rewarded by traits are balanced
Thresholds to earn negative and positive Character Value traits have been modified
Randomness of values
Whims, autonomy, and integration with other mods
Optional Add On: Block Rewards
Character Values are now impacted by all Traits
This mod is NOT compatible with my Lower Threshold for Parenthood Traits mod. This mod is intended to replace that one.
This mod should be compatible with most other mods currently available for download.
Despite the emphasis on traits in this mod, no trait files have been modified. The main files this mod modifies are the lifeSkillStatisitc XMLs and the LifeSkills_Autonomy buff XMLs. I’ve yet to encounter another mod that touches these. I’ve also taken care to make sure that the Whims and Whim Sets my mod touches does not conflict with anything Bienchen’s "sims4me_whimoverhaul" touches. As such, you shouldn’t run into any conflicts.
For an added challenge, you can use my mod with Kuttoe’s "mini mod: parenthood hard mode". But, be warned. You’ll be seeing a lot of red!
Some features of this mod require XML Injector
My mod will work fine without it, but if you want ALL the features of this mod, you just need to make sure that you have "XmlInjector_Script_v4.ts4script" in your mods folder. If you already have it, you’re golden. If you don’t, you can download it here.
If you’re hesitant to download XML Injector, you can learn more about it here.
I will be fine tuning this mod over over the coming months and adding more features.
Do let me know your feedback.
Made with Sims 4 Studio
Are mods safe? … It is perfectly safe to download mods.
How do you use Sims 4 mods ? Extract the two files within the . zip file and place both of them into your Sims 4 mods folder. The mods folder is found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mod
Will there be a Sims 5? Yes, there will be!
Sims 4 Mods, Sims 4 game mods, best sims 4 mods, sims 4 stuff cc, how to install sims 4 mods
Credit : tyjokr